How about calling your insurance company and making a claim for theft?
Could be automotive, could be homeowners (it is your property).  Tell
them that you do know where the parts are and who took them.  If the
police tell you to talk to your insurer when your car is stolen, why not
when your property is stolen?

Worst case, the agent will do nothing.  Best case, the big insurance
company goes after him!

Brad Waller     ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
'66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed   | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFGs
'67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | '79 F-Body Brakes