I am converting a 1966 chevelle front manual brakes to disc power dual master cylinder!  I bought information on e-bay for $3.00 on how to convert over to disc brakes!! This guy says on your old drum spindles you can grind down the top pad that is threaded ( top dust shield mounting area )  to use as disc brake spindles!!  He shows a picture of cutting off  six hundred and ten thousands of a inch (.610)  It looks like this will work, has anybody tried it??  If so is the .610 a accurate amount. to cut off?????  Any other help with this project will be appreciated!!

Doug