Be cautious of what manifold you use on a 283-2 barrel engine.
It was pointed out to me that these have small ports so some manifolds aren't a good
match.
         see Team Chevelle engine forum:
http://www.chevelles.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=011698

It's occurred to me that any recent small block parts are really intended for 350's;
just a gut feeling, not a conspiracy theory.
I was shopping for Edelbrock C3B or C4B manifolds
(for nostalgic look and oil fill pipe)
but I decided to buy an Edelbrock S.P.2-P instead.
I'm going to use either a 390 or a 450 Holley, might try both and see which I like
better. At the pace things move at around here, might be next year before I can say
which I used. :(

Pete Geurds
Douglassville, PA