-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Herb Lumpp
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 6:22 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-list] Lug nuts

I hate to disagree with you John, but my McGard lug nuts, part #06425, have
7/16-20 engraved right on the side.  These "acorn" style lug nuts have a
tapered seat and are currently being used on my El Camino and Vette.  In
fact, every old Chevy I've had used a 7/16-20 wheel stud & lug.

As for what Jack is trying to figure out, is there a chance the wheels use a
tapered seat lug?  Jack, worst case scenario, you can always drill out the
holes in the wheels to a larger size.  If you don't feel comfortable taking
a drill to them, I'm sure a machine shop will do it for you.  Hope this
helps.

Herb Lumpp
http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/index.htm