Hey Jim!

> My passenger side seat belt, female section, has a tear on
> the material that joins the bracket that bolts to the floor.

Man, that's a tough one.  Doing a "repair" on the material of a seat belt is
"Iffy" at best.  In the aviation world it isn't allowed at all, "remove and
replace" is the only fix.  Depending on how much material is left between
the end piece and the tear you might be able to find someone who can stitch
a "patch" there.  An old fashioned shoe repair shop would have a heavy-duty
sewing machine that can handle that kind of material.  An automotive
upholstery shop might have the equipment, or the ability to do some kind of
splice, so the belt wouldn't be shortened any.  Needless to say, the
integrity of the belt is the most important issue.

Best of luck!

-= Gunner =-
-= Jacksonville FL =-
-= www.tail-gunner.net =-