Funny you should mention the aviation world, as my
father's first suggestion was to call one of our local
places like Atlantic Aviation to see what they do to
repair their belts..

If I have to replace the material, I guess it's no
biggie-  I was just more concerned about the ends than
anything (the metal pieces).

Thanks!