Hi Jim,

The general rule on truck deliveries is that you have to be there to receive the order and inspect it for shipping damage in the presence of the driver. If it is damaged, it should either go right back on the truck, or at the very least, the driver should sign off saying that it was damaged prior to delivery. Most companies won’t take a panel back after the driver leaves, because at that point it becomes your word against the driver's, and of course the driver is going to say that it was not his/her fault.

John Nasta