I have a 69 Malibu. It was originally a 307 car, and had a 350 in it
when I got it. I put a 396 in it and a front tall spindle upgrade.

When I bought the car it had air shocks on it in the rear. I know from
experience the ride gets rough if you want the rear raised a bit.

I have heard a little about people putting moderately priced air bags
inside the rear coils, and then putting good quality shocks on.

I am in the middle of a "Frame - off" and the Chassis is almost done.
The rear shocks look tough to change with the body on in that the bolts
up top appear to be hard to reach.

I am just wondering if I should do some sort of suspension upgrade now,
or save my money for other things to get this thing on the road and wait
until later for upgrades.

What sort of rear suspension upgrades have you done that you like?

                          Steve