At 06:34 PM 12/14/2004, you wrote:
BL,

Are you using synthetic or petroleum based power steering fluid ? Talked with a shop today that makes up hydraulic hoses, and mentioned my "problem". He said it was because the synthetic fluid is dissolving the rubber, and that in order to use synthetic fluid, you have to use a special lined hose (?). Seems like there should be a warning on the container if that were the case.

Kent
'68 Malibu ZZ502/502 :)
ACES #5102

Regular ol' P/S fluid from NAPA. I believe in synthetics for motors, trannys, and rear ends, but I don't see any advantage to them in a recirculating ball type steering system. It may help in a rack & pinion.

BL