In a message dated 2/24/2005 2:18:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Is there a difference between the firewall on a '68 with AC and one without?
I am planning on putting AC in my '68 Malibu and I want to use factory AC. I
bought the interior AC box from (what I was told) a '69 Chevelle and it has
the pipes for the heater core on the fender side(?) of the box. The pipes
are on the side toward the middle of the car on my '68 without AC.
    I know there are easier ways to put AC in a car, I have tried Vintage
Air and found it to be completely worthless so I think this time I will try
the factory stuff.
Thanks,
Keith
Yes there is.  They take 2 completly different heater box set ups.  You would have to cut out the firewall of an AC car and replace the non AC firewall or use a unit from Vintage Air.

Tom