To: <Chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:17 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] "Must dos" with engine out of car

I've pulled the engine ('66 SS with a non-stock 454) for a number of "minor" reasons -- the engine is not being torn down but needed to be out of the way. It has been separated from the transmission (non-stock 4-speed of as-yet unkown heritage) which is still in the car. Have been hunting web sites and "rebuild" books looking for answers to no avail (well, a little) -- the question is this: what basic maintenance/replacement should be done once the engine and trans are separated?

I'm assuming at least a couple of seals, new clutch & related, mounts for engine and trans (already done)...and other stuff. I don't want to put the engine back in only to find a cheap part (relatively speaking) and a little time now would have saved multiple headaches and many $$$ later.

Thoughts welcome!

Mike Heiser
1966 Chevelle SS | 1969 Chevelle Malibu | 1969 El Camino
Chevelle & El Camino Club of Oregon

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/