The cost to cut the seats for the larger valves probably isn't justified.
Stock Vortec heads flow pretty well but need the spring seats cut for larger
springs to handle lifts over .425. They also feature pressed-in studs and
will require a more expensive Vortec-compatible intake manifold.
Scoggins-Dickey and other parts houses sell Vortec heads with the
appropriate mods for around $650-700/pair. Add almost another $100 extra for
the Vortec-compatible intake.
Clint Hooper
H&H Custom,owner
1969 El Camino ProTourer