-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Krister Meister
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 8:46 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Cc: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Where will it end??

I am 40, own a numbers '66 SS and wanted the real thing.  Personally there's
satisfaction knowing it's real, it has survived, it's not a copy, agree that
clones are a dime a dozen and satisfaction comes by being able to tell
someone it's real and not a "look alike".  I also agree with "it's your car,
money, time etc. do what ever you want" philosophy.  However, clones being
misrepresented are the real issue and it goes along with the fake document's
etc that are produced.  If its a clone, show it and sell it as a clone.  It
absolutely gets me when is see out right misrepresentation.

A true US built SS is in the VIN from '64 - '68 and yes there are measures
even here to make sure things have not been tampered with on any year.
After '68 the SS was on option and can only be proven with an original build
sheet, original invoice or protector plate (exception in '72 the VIN had
engine size and 454 was available only on for an SS).  Adding all the SS
options to a regular Malibu doesn't make it an SS - basic question comes
down to "what was it when it left the factory - not what it looks like
today.  Lets enjoy our cars and keep the hobby honest.

Just checking out eBay for stuff I need for my 69  and ran across someone
selling build sheets! It is not bad enogh that everyone  and their brother
is building clones, but this should be against the law. They  will even
''age'' it for you.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=455364623
9&category=10076

 I am curious, how many of you would consider  building a clone and what is
your age? I ask age because it seems like younger  guys who build clones see
nothing wrong with it. Personally I think it takes  away from original cars,
I mean you go to a show to see rare stuff and it takes  the fun out of it. I
would much rather look at a dozen Malibus and one SS  versus a dozen fakes.
I would bet there are more ''SS'' cars on the  road now then there ever were
built originally!!

 Sorry to vent, but I had to get this out of  my system.