What year??   My generic answer is that the reverse light switch is on the steering column and when you installed the standard (floor shifter??)  you did not connect a "back drive"  linkage (think thats what its called).   You should be able to play with the switch so that the lights go off.   I believe that the reverse lights are always powered so you do need to get them turned off.

On 11/8/05, Jimmy C. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I had disconnected the battery when I started to swap out my automatic for a muncie, the tranny is in and I re-connected the battery, and now the rear parking lights stay on with the head light switch in the off position and the key out of the ignition. Did I short something out ? the bumpers are off the car; I don't know if it makes a difference . thanks for any help, Jimmy.C



--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino

Reply via email to