I TOTALLY AGREE,,,,,,I had a 70 chevelle SS for 30 yrs.before I finally sold it,,comp. cam 540,,w/FLOWMASTERS,,,just an awsome sounding car. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Exhaust System

I've got a headers and a Dr. Gas x-pipe with Flowmaster 40s and it is the
best sounding BBC I have ever heard, bar none. The sound at idle with a .550
cam turns the head of anybody who has any kind of love for these cars,
period. It is music.

Craig E.
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Nasta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 7:35 PM

I have a Flowmaster system and while it might not be the best possible
sounding system, and certainly an X-pipe is a better design than an
H-pipe,
the kit is relatively inexpensive and super-easy to install. I also have a
SB so it's tough to say how my opinion of the sound might be changed by
hearing the same system on a BB. In terms of actual performance
comparisons,
again I don't exactly have a high performance engine. I suppose 2.5" is
enough for a SB.

John Nasta