Title: Message
Your friend was correct.  Also, a benefit is that some friction is decreased.  Durability is improved if use qualtiy roller rockers.  Roller rockers of quality also are a true ratio where stamped rockers can vary quite a bit.  My two cents for what it is worth.

John
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 3:27 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Roller tip versus regular rockers

I would like to some feed back on how a some of you on the list feel about roller tipped rockers versus the regular type. I'm getting ready to put the "new" heads on my car and a co-worker suggested I use the roller tip type. His justification was this, "with the roller tip rockers the valve will not be getting pushed down in a side motion where as the roller tips allow the valve to be pushed straight up and down not prematurely wearing out the valve guides". I was not thinking of this as in increase in horse power, just looking to have the heads on there for a while without having to pull them off and have the guides replaced again because all that was done when the heads were machined.

Thanks in advance.