Put a new cam in the '66 454; am now changing out the valve springs. First time I've done this, and it's going slow. Any tricks to keeping valves in closed position while compressing the spring? Seems it's more "luck of the draw" whether the stud-mounted compressor I'm using will press the valve into the head or not, for either the removal or the installation step. Heads are on the engine, in the car; tips or tricks welcome. Thanks.

Back to the garage!

Mike Heiser
1966 Chevelle SS | 1969 Chevelle Malibu | 1969 El Camino
Chevelle & El Camino Club of Oregon, ACES, Team Chevelle

With MSN Spaces email straight to your blog. Upload jokes, photos and more. It's free!