'68 with 396, 350HP, TH 400 and strap style yoke. '68 AIM shows the straps for the 396 engine in the M40 section.
BillL

At 05:00 PM 3/4/2007, you wrote:
I only know about 67s and the strap type u-joint was used on TH400 transmissions (different driveshaft) and the u-bolt was used on everything else. I’ve only owned one Chevelle newer than a 67 and that was 35+ years ago – LOL. I have a 69 Assembly Instruction Manual and under the L48 engine section it shows the rear joint as a strap type; why it’s listed there is anybody’s guess (?) Also a driveshaft listed in the M40 (TH400) section with same strap and bolt but drawing is shown as CANCELED. Maybe those with 68 and newer Chevelles will chime in with the type of u-joint attachment they have along with the engine and transmission type.

Dale McIntosh
<http://www.chevellecd.com>1966/67 Chevelle Reference CDs
ACES #1709/TC GOLD #92

----------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of langus
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 1:39 PM
To: Chevelle Chat Forum
Subject: [Chevelle-list] 12 Bolt yoke

Are most of you guys running a u bolt or strap style pinion yoke? I guess I am not sure what 12 bolt Chevelles came with? Mine didnt have one on it when I bought the housing and I guess I dont know. I see a few on ebay that use the straps for the u joints. Are all of them that way? Chaulk this one up the rookie syndrome. Again.

Thank you
Ryan