I ran into simular problems when I replaced my wiring harness. Trouble turned out to be a bent tab on the ignition switch connector (the one on top on the column under the dash). A tab was pushed up (or down) and not making connection. Caused wired stuff.. Unless you can see physical damage or serious degredation on your harness (splices etc) I'd bet it is ok....Check all your connections and also make sure you have good (several) grounds.. If you want to replace anyway,, M&H makes good stuff.. Denny

From: ken mabs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: [Chevelle-list] wiring harness
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 70 malibu that has recently been restored, but i used the original wiring harness. After hooking everything back up the turn directionals, dash lights, fuel pump, dome light, fuel gauge, etc. either short out or stopped working completely. Should I try and rebuild the harness myself and retrace everything or just replace it? Anyone have any info on an inexpensive wiring harness? Should I replace the whole thing or should i just replace whats not working? thanks guys.

  Ken
  Chicago
  70 Malibu

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.