  From: Michael Pell
  Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 8:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Help bleeding brakes

  The Prop valve is from a '69, I think.  No such pin as you mention.  2
inputs, 3 outputs, 1 idiot wire plug-in (currently not utilized).
  I took the 1st MC back, and got another just like it.  It seems to be working
better.

  I finally got the fronts to bleed!!!  And the front wheels are done.  This
has not been fun.

  Now the rears won't bleed at all, haven't moved an ounce from the resevoir.
I can see bubbles move forward/back as the pedal is pumped (1 man bleed kit),
so I know that the lines are clear and not kinked.  At least some air is
getting moved at the rear wheel cylinder as the pedal is pumped.

  I did bench bleed the MC, that went fine.

  I'm going to let it sitt over night hoping to let the gravity do it's thing.
  I don't think I've ever had this much trouble bleeding brakes!!

  Thanks for the suggestions.
  Mike

--
  I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there
isn't, Than live my

  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  TREMEC Distributor at http://www.5speedTransmissions.com
  Team Chevelle member #1778 (Gold),  ACES member #1377
  Hoosier State Chevelle Assoc (http://www.IndianaChevelles.com) #6

  Rick Schaefer wrote:
      Mike
      What year?  And where can you not get fluid?  Front/rear/both?

    For 72 anyway, there is a pin on the proportioning valve that must be
pressed in to get flow to the rear.