Can't do this on a 69. As described in my previous post, the prop valve has no
idiot light connection in 69 or 70.

Trooper
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Leo John Costigan
  Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 11:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Help bleeding brakes

  Mike, On the prop valve the idiot wire plug-in (currently not utilized) turns
on the brake light on the dash to tell you that you have a problem with the
brake system. A valve underneath the plug will slide in the direction where the
pressure is the lowest, a leak either in the front or rear line section. When
that valve moves it will block any more fluid going to the leaking or
low-pressure side of the prop valve. You need to return the valve underneath
the plug back to the center so that fluid will flow to the front and rear
brakes.

  What you have sounds like the valve has closed off the rear brakes. Fluid
will go the front but not the rear.  The Prop valve will provide a ground for
the light. You can connect a test light to the plug. If the valve has moved to
close off a section of the brake lines the light will light. With the test
light connected the plug open a front line and slowly apply pressure at the
brake pedal and watch the light. If it flickers and stays on the valve has slid
to the opposite side. You should be able to bleed the rears now but not the
front. What you want is to have the test light out. You may have to open the
rear line and repeat the apply brake pedal slowly while watching the light
until it stay out.

  At some point in time the brake pedal was applied with a leak or open line to
the rear brakes and the prop valve closed off the rear brakes. When the prop
valve closes off either side it is for safety and you will have at least half
of the braking system to stop the vehicle.

  Try the test light to see if the prop valve has slid to either side.

  Leo