  From: Brad Waller<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] No Pedal - Poor Braking

  My first thought was that the Master Cylinder was bad.  Even though it is
new, it could be.  Or maybe you need to adjust the plunger/pedal?  It has been
way too long for me, but I had the opposite problem of the brakes applying
themselves after a while until the wheels locked.  That was from the
adjustement bein off the other direction.  Too tight and the brakes are always
on!  Maybe too loose and you get lots of travel and no pressure.

  Is the master the right one for the other parts? You say you might put the
booster back on the firewall, so does this mean the master is a non-power
master?  I'm not sure what would happen if you had a power master with no
booster, but I think it would be a problem to add a booster to a manual master
cylinder.  If things are mismatched here, maybe that is why you get no power
from your braking?
  Brad Waller ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

  '66 Corvette | 327/dead | 4-speed | Wilwood Brakes | 245/45/16 BFG R1
  '67 Chevelle | ex-SS396 | 355/700R4 | F-Body Brakes | 275/40/17 Kumho MX