I will check for the rod when I pull it off. I could be that dumb. It depends
on how many cold ones I had before I put it together.

Thanks, Dan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Randy S Johnson<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 11:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] No Pedal - Poor Braking

  This may sound really dumb, but this happened to me this year.  I went from a
manual 4 drum system to a power disk braking system.  I got everything all
hooked up, but I wasn't impressed with the stopping power.  I started to hear a
leak from my booster after a few months, so I ordered a new one.  Well I
removed the master cylinder and realized my friend who hooked up the booster
and master didn't put in the connecting rod between then.  So I had a huge air
leak through that area and I had no physical connection between the booster and
the master.  I doubt anyone else in the world could be that dumb, but I like to
share my dumb stories.  PS~I drove my car like that for 5 months before I fixed
the problem.  Now the car actually stops.  Good luck.  I'd guess it is a
bleeding issue.  I also had a problem while bleeding that one fitting wasn't
real tight on the rear T and it kept letting air slowing back into the system
while bleeding.

        "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        10/01/2007 11:09 AM Please respond to
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Please respond to
              The Chevelle Mailing List <chevelle-list@chevelles.net>

              cc

              Subject Re: [Chevelle-list] No Pedal - Poor Braking

  Caterpillar: Confidential Green        Retain Until: 10/31/2007
Retention Category:  G90 - General Matters/Administration

  Keep bleeding, bleeding, bleding then bleed some more until you have more
pedal. That has been my experience at least.

  Daniel Solomon wrote:
  Picked up my 70 Chevelle from the body shop on Thursday and took it for its
maiden voyage this weekend. Car looks and runs great but won't stop. I have
absolutely NO pedal. Its not spongy but way to much pedal travel. Hopefully
someone out there can guide me to a solution. Here is what i am running...

  4 Wheel Drum Brakes - All pads and hardware are brand new
  4 New Brake Cylinders
  New Drum Brake Master Cylinder
  Used GM Power Booster
  Original Proportioning Valve
  All New Lines
  Silicone Brake Fluid

  I adjusted all of the brakes but it did not help. Bled them again but did not
find any air in the lines. Wondering if I should ditch the booster and put the
master cylinder back on the firewall as it was before. It is the only thing
that I changed in the setup.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Now that I have it done I want to
drive!

  Thanks, Dan