OTOH, I've had Flowmasters on my 69 El Camino for about 4 years, and it is a driver that I park on the street and drive in all kinds of weather, and everything is fine. No signs of rust or rot anywhere.

Maybe just the fact that I drive it more often keeps the water from sitting in there long enough to do damage. Leaving a car sitting (esp. in this kind of weather) is probably bad for just about any muffler.

Just throwing out an alternative experience. Your results may vary.

John

Quoting Tom Rightler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

The Flowmaster kit was easy to install on my 70, however, after 6 years and less than 20K miles, the mufflers blew out on the bottom from moisture collecting and now they need to be replaced. The pipes themselves are not in that great of shape either and this is on a car that doesn't go out in the rain.