Larry, I just happen to have a 65 El Camino chassis sitting beside a 65 Malibu
chassis. I'll take a few measurements and get back to you later today.
Mike Holleman
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
  Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 5:34 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 1965 Frame & Rearend

  Well I finally broke down and bought a 65 El Camino frame for my project. I
looked for a convertible frame for the last 5 years and either they were too
far away or too expensive. OK, I know we have been over this about 37 dozen
times. I cannot seem to find my information to fit a El Camino frame under my 2
door hardtop. I wrote @ one time that the number was 3.17 inches, but I have
seen anywhere from 2 to four inches. I have looked everywhere online and my
last resort is to go through all my assembly books. I am not sure if I have the
El Camino Length.
  What I need to know is:
  1) The difference in length between the hardtop and El Camino ?
  2) Where on the frame to take the length out of ?
  3) If you have an answer where did you get it?
  4) Galvanize Vs POR 15 vs Powder coat ?
  5) Paint my new FAB 9 housing with Hammertite vs POR 15 vs Powder coat ?
  6) Frame and housing colors ?
  7) Standard Detroit Locker Vs ARB air locker ?

                                                                     Thanks
                                                                     Larry (Z)

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
  Collector of 1965 Chevelle parts
  Seller of none (got to finish the car first)