If you are welding in a patch buy a 4” grinder or a right angle ¼” grinder
to grind the welds and cut out the rust.  D/A are for large areas of paint
prep. Your electric sander should do well enough.

Block sand filler by hand unless you are covering a large area.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Schaefer
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:41 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: [Chevelle-list] D/A Sander???

  I'm gonna try my hand at some rust repair.    I bought some 6 inch sanding
pads for use with a D/A sander.    Question is :  Is my electric
Porter/Cable Random Orbital sander equivalent to  a D/A??      I want to
repair & repaint the sides below the lower trim on my el camino.

   Also Sears has 2 D/A's in stock.   Low profile model for $100- believe it
said 12000 RPM it uses 7cfm.     Or a taller D/A that uses 4.5cfm @ $70 and
its 10000RPM.     OR ???? if I need a true D/A.     Thanx.
--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino