Thank you again.  I have a grinder and will try that on the rust areas.
I need the D/A because I will repaint the entire lower area of the elky
(below the lower trim).
    Once I get my ducks in a row, I'll take before pictures of each of the
areas and post links.   Then you all can see what I'm trying to do & get
specific guidance.

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino