To: <chevelle-list@chevelles.net>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Hot Restart

Do you have an electric fuel pump? If so, it could be vapor lock. Even
if not, it still could be vapor lock but is less likely. Just a guess.

If leaving it sit w/ the air cleaner off helps it sounds like
flooding, in which case pumping the pedal will not help.

Have you tried letting it sit w/ the pedal to the floor or a
screwdriver holding both the choke and the throttle plate open? If
that works, it's also an indication that your engine is flooding and
needs to evaporate the excess fuel.

What CFM carb do you have? Maybe it's too big for the engine.

HTH

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

  Hi Guys,

  Thanks to those who were big help when installing a new 2005 GMPP crate
350 in my 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS.  It's been running perfectly for 6,000
miles but twice in the last month refused to start after being driven more
than ten miles and stopped for 20 minutes.

  It cranks fast but does not fire.  Fuel comes from the accelerator pump
and the choke is open. I tried cranking ten seconds with the accelerator on
the floor and tried pumping a couple of times.  No go.

After letting it sit 20 minutes with the hood open and the air cleaner off
it fires instantly.  My guess is there is a temperature related ignition
problem but for every time it doesn't start it starts just fine dozens of
times.

  Has anyone else had this problem?  Or know a solution?

  Thanks,

  Dennis McGillis
  949-533-7211 cell
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]