Vapor lock

Hi Guys,

Thanks to those who were big help when installing a new 2005 GMPP crate 350
in my 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS.  It's been running perfectly for 6,000 miles
but twice in the last month refused to start after being driven more than
ten miles and stopped for 20 minutes.

It cranks fast but does not fire.  Fuel comes from the accelerator pump and
the choke is open.  I tried cranking ten seconds with the accelerator on the
floor and tried pumping a couple of times.  No go.

After letting it sit 20 minutes with the hood open and the air cleaner off
it fires instantly.  My guess is there is a temperature related ignition
problem but for every time it doesn't start it starts just fine dozens of
times.