I have a similar problem with my Monte Carlo SS (it's the only one that is
driveable!!) but most of the time I only have to stab the gas a little more or
I have to stop cranking for a second or two and then hit it and it will fire. I
have blamed it so far on the crappy Accel distributer that is in there right
now. One of these days I'll get around to fixing it, but it hasn't gotten very
far up on the to-do list!!!

Josh Campbell
  The Body Shop (606) 265-5301
  66 SS 396 (Black on the rotisseree, 1st car never part with it)
  66 SS 396 (Red got it on a trade I only wanted the steering wheel)
  87 Monte Carlo SS (The modern Chevelle especially when you add the right
stuff)
  71 Malibu (Something new to blow my money on)