Mine WAS on the front fender. I had them shave it off when I went to paint.
I'm just going to install Sirius radio, and be done with it. I'm hoping I can
hide the Sirius antenna under the cowl panel...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 6:32 am
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Antennas location

To answer your question " why did GM put he antenna up front" Remember were
talking OLD school

?AM Radio.?your heard every Mercury light transformer, every bad pole step down
transformer and if you light switch dimmer was bad that made an interfering
BUZZ..?Now the mid 60's cars went to Alternators helped, But Noise was big
problem with radio reception and the in car noise was no exception.. So keep
the antenna feed line SHORT? to minimize it.. I had a 61 Chevy i installed dual
rear antennas, what a mistake I had to install Filter caps every where to be
able to hear a clear reception of the AM signal.?? I went for the COOL Look :(

Wayne

?

?