Thats a good point Dale....I assumed he already had the old tank out! Oops! :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale <396...@lcisp.com>
Sent: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 11:00 pm
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 Chevelle Gas Tank

Make sure the old tank is empty of gas
and as much vapors as possible before dropping it.  Might even consider running
the car as dry as possible – possible sediment might be a consideration on how
dry you run it with the engine.  Naturally, disconnect the hoses and sender
wiring before removing and maybe even flush out the tank with water if possible
and let sit for a day or two with the cap off to help ventilate before dropping
the old one.

A floor jack and either a thin piece of
plywood or thick cardboard between the jack head and tank to spread the weight
when dropping the old tank.  A buddy helping to keep the tank on the jack would
be nice too.

Dale