Don;t forget to disconnect the ground wire and the vent tube clip.

Tom Rightler
MCC Newsletter Editor
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale
  Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 2:00 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] 69 Chevelle Gas Tank

  Make sure the old tank is empty of gas and as much vapors as possible before
dropping it.  Might even consider running the car as dry as possible - possible
sediment might be a consideration on how dry you run it with the engine.
Naturally, disconnect the hoses and sender wiring before removing and maybe
even flush out the tank with water if possible and let sit for a day or two
with the cap off to help ventilate before dropping the old one.

  A floor jack and either a thin piece of plywood or thick cardboard between
the jack head and tank to spread the weight when dropping the old tank.  A
buddy helping to keep the tank on the jack would be nice too.

  Dale