From: Rick Schaefer [mailto:ric...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:20 AM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Torque converter

  I need to replace the 700r4 in my el camino.     I need help in picking
the correct torque converter.   The car is a cruiser - no racing but some
brisk acceleration at times.  If I had to choose between an extra MPG vs an
extra second in the 1/4 mi, I'll take the MPG.

  Am I correct in assuming that a low stall speed will be best choice. ?
Will  a converter from the parts store serve me as well as one from B&M or
TCI?   Will there be a difference in a stock replacement for a 90 camaro vs
stock replacement for a 90 pickup?  thx
--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino