I am going to attempt to replace the valve seals on my 350 this weekend.
I've never messed with heads at all, but am thinking it can't be too
difficult.

  I have an air hose adapter to keep the valves in place and bought a valve
spring compressing  tool at Pate last weekend.

  I'll bring each cylinder to TDC, apply air, and use the tool to compress
the spring and remove retainer & keepers.

  I am assuming that the seals just slide over the valves.

  Is there anything more to it than that?    Any Gotchas?      Do I
lubricate the seals before sliding over the valve stem?  Are the keepers
easy to align when I reassemble?    I googled Valve seal replacement &
didn't find much to help.  Anyone know of a web site with pictures?
Thanx

--
Rick Schaefer
72 TPI El Camino