  From: Rick Schaefer
  To: chevelle-list@chevelles.net
  Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:07 PM
  Subject: [Chevelle-list] Valve Seal Replacement ?

     I am going to attempt to replace the valve seals on my 350 this weekend.
I've never messed with heads at all, but am thinking it can't be too difficult.

    I have an air hose adapter to keep the valves in place and bought a valve
spring compressing  tool at Pate last weekend.

    I'll bring each cylinder to TDC, apply air, and use the tool to compress
the spring and remove retainer & keepers.

    I am assuming that the seals just slide over the valves.

    Is there anything more to it than that?    Any Gotchas?      Do I lubricate
the seals before sliding over the valve stem?  Are the keepers easy to align
when I reassemble?    I googled Valve seal replacement & didn't find much to
help.  Anyone know of a web site with pictures?
  Thanx

  --
  Rick Schaefer
  72 TPI El Camino