  From: Rick Schaefer
  Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:52 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Valve Seal Replacement ?

    Thanx all.   I had to search all over town for the correct seals.   City of
100K with how many chevy/gmc pickups and no one stocks the O-Ring seals.  Well
almost no one.    I did 1 cylinder just to get the hang of it & frankly it was
pretty easy.    I took a bit of time to get the hang of the  Lisle Valve Spring
Tool but its really simple to use.   I had to spend time with Mom today but
I'll finish in the AM.

  BTW - Speaking of valve adjustment:   Is 1/4 turn after slop is out of
pushrod/rocker enough of a preload.  Hydraulic roller lifters.