I don't know if this will help you but give it a look.
The Chevelle Engineer
http://chevelleengineer.home.comcast.net/~chevelleengineer/fuelgage.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rml...@comcast.net
  Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:53 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] wiring question

  Jim I appriciate your help. It seems to me Iam being told 2 different things
here. Leo say's there should be no power at pins 10 and 11 and it sounds to me
like your telling me there should be power at those pins. I dont understand the
principles of operation here. I dont understand how they work.I hope someone
here can explain to me exactly how it works. Does 12 volts go through the guage
and the sending units add resistance to ground. Thanks every body for your help
here. I just wanna get my guages working.