Honey, I think it is great that you take such interest in providing good care for your chi! you go kid!! :-) However, not all children are as responsible as you, unfortunately. Which is why I say, we gotta look at every situation on a case by case basis. I have a (almost) 14 year old son and a 12 year old daughter. My daughter helps out with the dogs...taking them to potty, ect, because she is responsible and loving with them. However, my 14 year old is not allow to interact with them because he is abusive and cruel to them. That just goes to show, it isn't the age, but the maturity level that is important. I have taught my kids to have respect for animals, but sometimes, there is only so much a parent can do (my son is "special needs") We should not assume all kids will fit into any particular category simply because of their age. However, I do think the lady was referring more to toddlers rather than to kids your age, so please don't be offended....just keep on loving your little chi! :-)
Marsha
I think there are kids that do take care of their pets! I am a 5th grader-and look at me I have a chihuahua of my own, my sister has a golden reriver of her own and I research things about my dog and so does my sister, I take good care of my dog Dina! Maybe you shouldn't say things befor you've witnessed EVERYBODY! Maybe your family and your friends are just a family of spoiled brats! There are ALOT more kids than you think there are with pets and they do not do any harm to them they try taking care of their pets as much as they can! I have 3 friends with dogs, my moms niece has a dog a cat and a bunny! You know, theres alot more kids with pets that are not your friends nor your family! And one of them is me! Only 11 years old and the first time I had a puppy was when I was 6 years old! Bye, I will never be 1 of your friends, eather!

kim Willson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2 cents>too
i think that is stupid >
because i too do not believe kids in general in my home or anybody elses where i am should not pick up or handle any such small animal cats dogs> rabbits>> etc>>
it would b like letting an adult with a skitso problem handeling your children>> they flail around> smash heads into the ground> kick>punch>pinch>pull hair>>bite>and all the other childish/crude thing kids to to pets>>
i know kids do these kinda things to pets>> i've witnessed my whole life> through friends and family's children>> who are spoiled little rotten assholes who do as they please> with what they please> to do it too>>
 
off topic>>
i also think parents should take bttr control of thier kids>> or bttr yet parents themselve should show their kids the respect all living creatures and or things should have>>


Kelly L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My two cents - I think older kids are fine, and depending on the
younger child it can be fine or it can be horrible.

My SO has two boys (5 & 9) who are here half of the week (the other
half they spend with their mother).  They know the rules (no picking
up the dogs, watch where you put your feet, etc.) and things are fine.
They are supervised and not left alone together.

With some kids, it just won't work and I think it's hard to tell that
ahead of time if you don't know the child, so that is probably why
many breeders/rescues just has a flat out no kids rule.

--
Kelly
Kitty -http://www.dogster.com/?127210  / Moo - http://www.dogster.com/?127206
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chihuahua/




Post your free ad now! Yahoo! Canada Personals


I  dogs so much! Some people think I'm an and others think I'm a! Who cares


Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

" Lets talk about our wonderful little friends!
Join today! "




YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Reply via email to