Im sorry that I got so offended. But to be honest, I DO have good kids, and I am a stay at home mom who always knows the 5 W's--who what when where and why--when it comes to my kids. I find it very offensive that someone would make such a rude comment about my kids without knowing them.
Furthermore, and Lord help me if my 15 year old sees this, Stephen is a wonderful respectful kid who for some reason avoids trouble. He takes care of that 2 year old brother of his like most kids wouldnt dream of. He changed diapers, he plays with him, takes him on walks, bike rides, babysits, and is afraid to death that when he goes to BMX camp in Northern Minnesota in 8 days, his little brother will forget him. He will bring home a new friend, and a few days later I might ask what happened to so-and-so, and stephen will say.. He drinks.. He does drugs.. He hangs with a bad crew... etec., and I dont want to be with that type of person. I am very fortunate to have such a great 15 year old. I only hope my other 2 follow in his footsteps. I feel sorry for those who have written in with such negative comments about kids/kids they don't know. They have never experienced the true joy of parenting! Chelle T.-----NW Illinois ** Owned by Chihuahuas** My Web Page: http://www.geocities.com/chelle090468/index.html ----- Original Message ----- From: "Venus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 1:15 PM Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Chi's and Children > Ok my turn to add my 2 cents worth... > > I have two boys ages 7 & 12... they do wonderful with our Chi. Always > have. They each even have their own pets.. my oldest has a ferret and > my youngest has mice. My boys are allowed to hold all these animals. > Granted my boys have been raised with animals all their lives and > have been taught to respect animals. Both my boys had to research > their pets for at least 6 months and had to work hard and save the > money to get the animals. Sheshhh our Chi even sleeps with our > youngest most of the time. > > Now don't' get me wrong.. there are kids that do not know how to > handle animals and they need different rules... > > But in my mind to say "No Children should ever hold small animals" is > just like saying "all little dogs bite and are yappers" It always > depends on the child and/or dog. If they have been raised around each > other then all is good, otherwise there should be some supervisor. > > Ok I feel better..lol > > Venus > > > > > " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! > Join today! " > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > " Lets talk about our wonderful little friends! Join today! " Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chihuahuas/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

