Of course. I mean the genetics of it is really no different than those of humans. Think of a family you know where everyone is kinda short, but there is one TALL child in the family. Now when this child has kids, if the wife is tall, kids will probably be a good height, but if wife is short or average, kids will; probably be short because dad actually has short genes in his family. So the height of the kids will likely depend on the wife. Now, if everyone in dad's family is tall and dad marries short wife, kids more likely to be tall, but depends on the background of wife.......ohhh gee never mind, I'm beginning to bore even myself, lol To answer your question, yea the female plays a role as well, but it really isn't so much important the size of the two breeders as it is the background of the two breeders, with the exception that the female must be big enough to safely breed in the first place.

Marsha

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Safe breeding weight for Chis?

Hi Connie

Sophie's breeder's females are 5, 6 and 7 pounds.  I don't even think her male dogs are super small but when she puts the dogs together she knows which dogs, together, will have smaller puppies.  I don't know a lot about breeding, but I agree with Marsha, that if the female is very small it should be left to a very experienced breeder.

Marsha

I hope this isn't a stupid question. (there are no stupid questions) I had heard about a male dog throwing small puppies.  Does a female dog put much into what the size of a puppy will be?

Katie

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua