Jan - as all my dogs are trained to go on puppy pads, because I cannot leave the kiddies in the house alone, and we live in a two story building and we are on the top floor,and I hate the cold and rain as much as the dogs and kids doSo I really don't know what to tell you on the pottying outside thing- but you can't blame them for not wanting to in the rain - my mom has her dog trained to go outside and on puppy pads inside incase of bad weather, and her dog is kinda stupid (but cute as hell) and if she can train it - any dog can do it !!!  I've been extremly lucky with the potty training thing with all three of my dogs - the Min Pin was a pain(first one) but after that they just fallowed him. Now all the dogs have to go to the bathroom at the same time I go - everyone thinks it's funny ( thier puppy pads are on the tile floor in our bathroom) I haven't gone to the bathroom by myself in years, and add the daycare kiddies clapping for me saying " Good Job Connie !!! "  - It's a potty party everyday !!! Woo Hoo ---  Now if I go out somewhere I can't use a public restroom because I have no company, or someone cheering me on - Nice Huh??   I'm thinkin therapy !!
Good Luck                Connie Major

Bigg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Connie,

Yes, indeed.  They are wonderful.  I was aquainted with a Chi named Tony many years ago.  Tony was very well behaved and friendly.  I liked it that she went everywhere with her person.  This was back before fears of terrorism at the airports.  She'd  even fly in my friends hand bag.  Nobody would know she was there.

I'm learning that I have a lot to learn about Chihuahua's.  This little dog is quite a handful.  She has a mind of her own and an attention span longer than mine!  I had wanted to potty train her outdoors... we aren't doing as well as we'd like.  Cricket hates the rain.  Perhaps my expectations are too high.  Shouldn't her toilet habits be nearly perfected by now?  13 weeks?

Sounds like you are the center of lots of activity!  Babies everywhere, bless your heart.  It's good that gentle souls take up raising the littles.

Jan

                                                Peace, happiness and joy,
"The very purpose of our lives is happiness, the very motion of our lives is toward happiness."
                                                 ~~~~~ the Dalai Lama~~~~~

Yahoo! Mail

Yahoo! Mail

Breed charm dog italian Dog breed gift Dog breed t shirt
Dog breed charm Dog breed shirts Chihuahua