> I too have wondered when they do surgeries is anyone with them overnight.

The answer is probably no.

My vet doesn't keep spay/neuter patients overnight for that very reason
(nobody there).  If there's some complication that they need overnight care,
he admits them to the emergency clinic here in town that's open 24 hours.
He feels that recover much better and faster after spay/neuter surgery at
home, where they get observation and feel more relaxed and less stressed.  I
agree 100% and I would definitely discuss this with your vet.

Because surgery is such a stress on a young dog's body, I worry about
hypoglycemia and I would not be confident leaving one of my chis overnight
with nobody there to check on them.

Anne