C.M.,
What you are describbing to me is a CHi that doesn't love or trust you yet. He 
watches you because he is unsure of your intentions or motives...he runs when 
you reach for him because the trust is not there and he doesn't come when you 
call because he has no reason to. My suggestions would be to start spending 
LOTS 
of time doing nothing but being with him...take him wherever you go...snuggle 
with him, sleep with him, tote him around, play with him and feed him from your 
hand...hold his food bowl in your lap and give him bites from your hands. He 
needs to see you as the giver of all things good...love, affection, warmth, 
food, and fun. You need to build a relationship with him BEFORE you attempt 
training...thats my philosophy on dogs and it has always worked. Build the 
relationship first as that gives them a reason to want to please you. Many 
times 
I think dogs respond out of fear to their owners...not out of love. So just 
relax...let go of your expectations and just love on that dog!!! 24/7!
 
Waggin' Tails in The Dog Park,
Deanna 

                                                            and
 The Dog Park Pack: 
Nugget, Shuai-Li, Bella, Mouse, Myrtle, Mable, Caleb and Maxine!!!
www.joys4toys.com




________________________________
From: C.M. <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, September 28, 2010 6:41:52 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Normal Behavior?

  
Hi folks,
 My new chi watches me most of the time. But when I look at him, he stops 
whatever he's doing, including eating, until I look away. And he won't go potty 
while I'm looking at him. He'll wait 'til I look away or he'll walk out of my 
sight range.  Is this normal? And what do you think it means? Also, he still 
won't come to me when I call him, (I even try calling him to me in Spanish!). 
but he will saunter over whenever he feels like it. When I put my hand down to 
pet him or pick him up, he runs away.  He was a stray and I've had him now for 
one month. Any suggestions?
Thanks




      

Reply via email to