Congratulations! There's nothing like a new baby in the house.

Have A Beautiful Day, Each And Every Day!

--- On Thu, 1/27/11, lcm...@aol.com <lcm...@aol.com> wrote:

From: lcm...@aol.com <lcm...@aol.com>
Subject: [Chihuahuas] I've got a new fur baby!!!
To: chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:38 AM

Hi, all,

Where do I start?  I have Dalton and Dizzle who are mini dachshunds.  I have
Dorie and Garrett that are Chihuahuas.  I had Delilah (Dizzle's litter mate)
but gave her to my daughter to keep her mini dachshund company.  Well, I saw
the cutest little picture online of a 2 1/2 pound adult female Chihuahua that
was found wandering the streets.  The shelter here in town picked her up and
tested her for heartworms (negative, thank God) and got her utd on shots and
heartworm preventative and gave her a good flea bath.  They said she was so
covered in fleas that they couldn't even make out the color of her hair.  She
was spayed but had a horrible reaction and developed an abscess and almost
died.  I am friends with the lady who runs the shelter and to make a long story
short, I am now the proud owner of Jill, the 2 1/2 pound blondish-white
Chihuahua.  She is sweet and loves to wear her sweaters and loves to ride in my
dog purse.  She is so sweet and
 loving.  I can't imagine why someone would just dump her in the middle of
nowhere to fend for herself.  I will send pics shortly of her and the rest of
my motley crew, lol.  Everyone gets along great so far.  To top it all off, the
local PAAC (People Assisting Animal Control) in my city is having a black tie
gala on April 16 to raise money for the shelter.  Guess who is going to be one
of the star attractions.  JILL!!! They have a male Chihuahua named Jack who
will escort her down the runway to show off the wonderfully adorable rescues
available through their shelter.  I will have to make sure and get photos of
the happy couple (they've never met by the way) as they strut their stuff.  I
showed Cheryl (the adoption coordinator) the picture of Deanna's gorgeous dress
and she indicated they were having one very similar to that made for Jill.  Not
as elaborate or breath-taking but still nice.  :)  I am beaming and happy and
beside myself with
 glee for my new chi baby.  Thanks for letting me go on and on about her.  I
have to run into court so talk to you all later.

Laura