My little one is a little skitzy about people sticking their faces in hers..Perhaps because he is very tiny and fearful. Sees it as a sign of aggression. He is fine with me..probably a mix of trust and being alpha but a little skitzy with others. I have taught him, however, no growling and aggression with any human, but you can tell he doesn't much like and I warn people.
From: Peggy & The Girls <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] cranky behaviot
|
Well you did prove my point, that it isn't normal for a puppy that age to be snappy, and something must be bothering her....which is her blindness. So now I would say, call her name first to wake her and do not put your face into her face until she is awake and then give her a kiss.
What caused her blindness in the one eye? Can the Vet tell if she has full vision in the other eye?
![]() -------Original Message-------
Yes she has been thoroughly vet checked-Dewormed the whole 9 yards. The ortho doc has checked her knees, elbows, etc, and bloodwork normal. I work @ my vets office so she's had it all.
I only tapped her nose once as I don't believe in hands on type discipline-was definitely a reaction on my part. We have quite a few clients with puppies that show this behavior but they all accept it.. I talked with a vet yesterday in my area who frequents behavioral seminars-she believes that it it may be her blindness in the one eye (since she has no apparent health issues), and I should continue working on this.
The only time she does this is when I approach her with my face when she is sleeping-she never does it any other time-so my approach will be different & we will see what happens. When she sleeps in my laps or in bed she does not display this type of behavior. It's only when she's sleeping on the couch & I approach her with my face. I said she wasn't being startled but it's apparent that might just be it-we shall see. Otherwise-she's a sweet Lil gal.
Lynda
| ||||
|
|


