We got Gizmo (male) when he was 9 weeks old...and to be honest it's been REALLY
hard!  We also have a 3 year old Maltese named Romeo who is low key, well
mannered (it's his breed), and soft hearted.  Gizmo and Romeo are like night
and day!

Gizmo is extremely active, constantly on the go...and i'm not over exagerating.
 He bites ALL the time, on everything and everyone.  We are trying to learn who
he works, what makes him tick, and we still have no clue.  Training is
extremely slow.  Poor Romeo gets the brunt end of the deal...the poor dog is
forced to stay on the couch/love seat/ chair because it's the only place Gizmo
cannot get on to 'play' with him (more like torture).
We know that we are to be the 'alpha', and that is even an issue.  Romeo
learned that right off, but Gizmo just isn't getting it.

I'm really concerned about his character traits/personality.

The way he acts, is it normal?

We are at the point that if he doesn't learn in the next month or two that we
will have to give him away to someone else...which I REALLY don't want to do!