 From: ouidan <ouida2...@live.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:27 AM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] My white chi and I were attacked by a dog

I was walking my chi on my road in my neighborhood and was turning around to go
home and saw a man and 3 dogs approaching.  He seemed to be having trouble
holding them back, so I walked up someones long driveway to stand by their
garage door.  This would give him the entire road and he could pass.  Well, he
had to overweight labs and one hound mix, like a tri color coonhound.  when
they got to the end of the drive it twirled and slipped its collar and came
right for Maggie.  I scooped her up and then my nightmare began.  I was bitten
on the back/side( it was hanging there.  And when I shook him off it bit my arm
that was wrapped around Maggie.  I was screaming for help and the man did
nothing.  I yelled my loudest and meanest when he was springing for my face.
He stopped for a second and I made my escape to a nieghbors house and rung the
bell sobbing and told them to call my husband to come get me.  I went to the
hospital and animal control
 came and the deputy sheriffs.   The next day I talked to a neighbor about it
and found out she had the exact same scenero happen to her and her white
cockapoo a week earlier only it didn't bite her.  She was lucky.   I will never
go without protection now.  The animal control and the sheriff said to carry
and gun and use it.  I would not be in trouble if I did.  The bottom line was
that I was going to same my dog over my own life.  And I did save both of us,
battered, bruised, torn,swollen and now afraid of my own street.