 From: skyforme1970 <skyforme1...@yahoo.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:06 AM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: At my wits end.....

Thank you, Gloria.

This is the method I am trying too and not having much luck with it. I cannot
even get her to use the pottybox - I feel the few times she DID use it was a
fluke. When she did go pee in there one day, I was so happy I shouted "Thank
you, Jesus!" and my kids and I were nearly dancing with joy. This celebration
of course scared her and she ran off and hid somewhere thinking she was busted,
so I'm sure that set her back a bit.

I know I've made mistakes with her too. I have never had a puppy, a chihuahua,
or a female dog before. Always been grown (adopted)male Boston Terriers. Which
are WONDERFUL dogs by the way! :)

When I take her outside for potty I always tell her "go potty" and if she has
to, she will. I thought she understood what "go potty" meant as I say it a LOT
when waiting for her to do business so she'd learn the phrase. I tell her this
when I have her jump into the pottybox, but she just tilts her head and looks
at me like I'm crazy. She has a very "want to please" personality so I'm
confused as to why this is so hard for her to get. She has been scolded for
peeing and pooping in the house in the past, so I am thinking maybe this is
where some of the confusion is coming from. How can I get her to STOP peeing in
her bed?
Kelly