Hi,

She is in the tiniest kennel box available for her bed. I don't know how much
tinier I could make it.... She has room to lie down and stand up, but thats
about it. She pretty much fills up the whole thing. She still pees every night
in it and when she poops, she somehow takes it and kicks it to a corner and
smushes it all underneath her towels. This masks the smell a bit for us humans
and by the time I get to change out her bedding, it is stuck all over the towel
and stuck in the corners of her kennel. It's gotten to point where if I even
smell a hint of dog pee (like while dumping it into the washing machine) it
just makes me want to gag. It really sucks when I don't know the poop is in the
folds of the towels and chunks of it fall into the bleach water and then I have
to fish it out.

It's a huge, unsanitary mess and it amazes me that she has no compunctions at
all about sleeping in it. The main issue is she has no distinction at all
between "bed" and where to go potty. She pees and defecates in all the places
she sleeps/naps and then some - one day she even pooped in the back seat of
rental car we were using! She's also pooped at other peoples houses, RIGHT in
front of everyone. One time she pooped right at my feet while paying my bill at
the local feed store....a big ole stinky steamer! So the problem goes even
beyond the confines of her house...

Last night, I guess she needed to poop and we didn't see the signs fast enough
so she went into her kennel bed and pooped there. The potty box was RIGHT next
to her bed! I knew she did it right away. As we were getting ready to go to bed
she walked up to us, looking guilty, and had her tail tucked and head down, so
I know she knows she did bad.

While I am super frustrated, I'm not trying to be whiny with my posts, and I
apologize if they do seem that way - just trying to get the point across as to
how bad this issue (and her disconnect)is. I can deal with accidents once in a
while, but this is every day, sometimes several times a day even tho she gets
regular potty breaks. I'd say about 50% of the time we take her out for potty,
she does not go- probably because at some point she snuck into her kennel to do
it. If I close the kennel off, she will go somewhere in the house, tho her
potty box is always available.

Thanks for letting me vent and thanks for taking the time to answer my
questions. I will take all suggestions into consideration. Feeling really
bummed out and hopeless about it right now tho. The problem seems so bad and
has gone on so long, that I almost feel it is beyond me to fix her at this
point. If I find another home for her, then I feel I failed this little dog,
but maybe she would be better off with someone who knows little dogs better
than I. I've never given up on an animal before and have always been with them
since day one and was right there with every single one when they crossed the
rainbow bridge.  :(

Kelly